BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
blueskyxyz
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi guys, how to solve this issue , there are unrecognized characters open .xpt using universal viewer ? I can't open v8 xpt using pc sas, why? upload the picture later, thanks
2 REPLIES 2
blueskyxyz
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

blueskyxyz_0-1661163601894.pngblueskyxyz_1-1661163657004.pngblueskyxyz_2-1661163684443.png

unrecognized characters for label and value,  does xpt have different encoding like utf-8 or zh_cn?

japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think the garbled characters are a functional defect of Universal Viewer.
When opening the xpt(v5) file at hand, the characters are garbled even if the character encoding is utf-8 or SJIS.

Unlike SAS datasets, xpt files do not have encoding information embedded in them. Therefore, when opening an xpt file, the only way to know the encoding other than asci is to guess it from the byte array, but I don't think Universal Viewer has such a feature.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation