BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Olime
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I have a list of dataset name in excel format and wondering is there anyway to read the list to create datasets accordingly? 

thank you

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Olime
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I have a list of dataset name in excel format and wondering is there anyway to read the list to create datasets accordingly? 

thank you

Thanks

ballardw
Super User

Accidental repost?

ballardw
Super User

Short snarky answer: Yes.

Better would be to provide a small example of the data as text involved and a description of what you are wanting to do with the result.

For example is this a list of data files external to SAS that you want to read into SAS? File structructures and types can make a big difference in how each file is treated if so. Is it a list of SAS data sets that you want to run the same analysis or manipulation on? Again contents will have an impact on how much  automation may be practical.

Olime
Fluorite | Level 6

my mistaken to miss out the attachment. Attached excel file with a list of the name of datasets.

(The original list contains more than 60 datasets' name)

The mission is to read this excel file then create dataset one by one. Hope someone can provide me a sample code that I can reference. Thanks in advance.

ballardw
Super User

Many users here don't want to download Excel files because of virus potential, others have such things blocked by security software. Also if you give us Excel we have to create a SAS data set and due to the non-existent constraints on Excel data cells the result we end up with may not have variables of the same type (numeric or character) and even values.

Given the NAME of a file, how do we know what to do with it? Are the files of the same structure and content?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation