BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LMSSAS
Quartz | Level 8

I use the below proc sql to create a data set. The varibale "WorkType" contains three options: 'Contact Maint', 'Contact New', and 'Agency Maint'. How do I create a single table providing a count of each of the WorkTypes? I want to send as a summary table. 

proc sql; 
create table CPIM_Automation as 
SELECT DISTINCT
CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID AS TrackingRecord
,CPT2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_DE AS WorkType
,CPT1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_DE AS SubType
,CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_STAT_CD AS CaseStatusCode
,CPCS.SRC_SYS_CD AS SourceCode
,CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_BGN_DT AS CaseStartDate
,AGET.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID AS AgentType
,AGEY.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID AS AgencyType
,CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_STEP_NB AS StepNumber

FROM 
CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_STEP CPCS
LEFT JOIN CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE CPC ON CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID = CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID
LEFT JOIN CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP CPT1 ON CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD = CPT1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD
LEFT JOIN CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP CPT2 ON CPT1.PRNT_CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD = CPT2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD 

LEFT JOIN (SELECT DISTINCT
          SUB2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID, SUB2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID
          FROM CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ SUB2
          WHERE SUB2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_TYP_CD = 'CONTACTAGENTTYPE') AGET
          ON CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID = AGET.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID 

SUB3.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID, SUB3.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID
          FROM CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ SUB3
          WHERE SUB3.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_TYP_CD = 'AGENCYTYPE') AGEY
          ON CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID = AGEY.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID
WHERE 
CaseStartDate between (intnx('month', today(), -1, 'b')+19) and (intnx('month', today(), 0, 'b')+19)
/*CaseStartDate between '20Oct2021'd and '20Nov2021'd*/
and SourceCode = 'SSPortal'
and StepNumber = 1 

ORDER BY CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID ASC
;
quit;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@LMSSAS wrote:

I use the below proc sql to create a data set. The varibale "WorkType" contains three options: 'Contact Maint', 'Contact New', and 'Agency Maint'. How do I create a single table providing a count of each of the WorkTypes? I want to send as a summary table. 

proc freq data=CPIM_Automation ;
    tables worktype/out=_counts_;
run;

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LMSSAS
Quartz | Level 8

I'm using the proc sql code below (below Proc tabulate) to create a data set. In the varibale "WorkType" there are 3 options: "Contact Maint", "Contact New", and "Agency Maint".

I want to create a summary table that gives me a count of each WorkType.

I have tried the following proc tabulate and cannot get it. It's my first time creating a table from my data set and I need some help, Please Any suggestions?

Title 1 'Singular Table';

proc tabulate data=CPIM_Automation;
Table WorkType;
Class 'Contact Maint' 'Contact New' 'Agency New';
run; 

proc sql; 
create table CPIM_Automation as 
SELECT DISTINCT
CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID AS TrackingRecord
,CPT2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_DE AS WorkType
,CPT1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_DE AS SubType
,CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_STAT_CD AS CaseStatusCode
,CPCS.SRC_SYS_CD AS SourceCode
,CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_BGN_DT AS CaseStartDate
,AGET.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID AS AgentType
,AGEY.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID AS AgencyType
,CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_STEP_NB AS StepNumber

FROM 
CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_STEP CPCS
LEFT JOIN CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE CPC ON CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID = CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID
LEFT JOIN CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP CPT1 ON CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD = CPT1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD
LEFT JOIN CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP CPT2 ON CPT1.PRNT_CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD = CPT2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD 

SUB2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID, SUB2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID
          FROM CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ SUB2
          WHERE SUB2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_TYP_CD = 'CONTACTAGENTTYPE') AGET
          ON CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID = AGET.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID 

SUB3.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID, SUB3.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID
          FROM CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ SUB3
          WHERE SUB3.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_TYP_CD = 'AGENCYTYPE') AGEY
          ON CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID = AGEY.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID
WHERE 
CaseStartDate between (intnx('month', today(), -1, 'b')+19) and (intnx('month', today(), 0, 'b')+19)
/*CaseStartDate between '20Oct2021'd and '20Nov2021'd*/
and SourceCode = 'SSPortal'
and StepNumber = 1 

ORDER BY CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID ASC
;
quit;

data CPIM_Automation;
set CPIM_Automation;
if AgencyType='' and AgentType^='' then AgencyAgentType = AgentType;
if AgencyType^='' and AgentType='' then AgencyAgentType = AgencyType;
if AgencyType='' and AgentType='' then AgencyAgentType = 'Missing';
run;

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Please don't type plain text in a code box, this means to read your text we have to constantly scroll to the right.

I would appreciate it if you could re-format everything so the text is readable without constantly scrolling to the right.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

You should arrange your code in logical order. Your have the PROC TABUlATE at the top, but the code to create the data set below which doesn't really make sense. Note that I edited your post to make it legible.

I think you just want PROC FREQ?

proc freq data=CPIM_Automation;
table workType AgencyAgentType;
run;

Also, you should look into the COALESCEC()/COALESCE() functions - they're quite useful - would replace that last three IF statements into one. 

data CPIM_Automation;
set CPIM_Automation;
AgencyAgentType = coalescec(AgentType, AgencyType, "Missing");
run;

@LMSSAS wrote:

I'm using the proc sql code below (below Proc tabulate) to create a data set. In the varibale "WorkType" there are 3 options: "Contact Maint", "Contact New", and "Agency Maint".

I want to create a summary table that gives me a count of each WorkType.

I have tried the following proc tabulate and cannot get it. It's my first time creating a table from my data set and I need some help, Please Any suggestions?

Title 1 'Singular Table';
proc tabulate data=CPIM_Automation;
Table WorkType;
Class 'Contact Maint' 'Contact New' 'Agency New';
run;

proc sql; create table CPIM_Automation as SELECT DISTINCT CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID AS TrackingRecord ,CPT2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_DE AS WorkType ,CPT1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_DE AS SubType ,CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_STAT_CD AS CaseStatusCode ,CPCS.SRC_SYS_CD AS SourceCode ,CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_BGN_DT AS CaseStartDate ,AGET.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID AS AgentType ,AGEY.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID AS AgencyType ,CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_STEP_NB AS StepNumber FROM CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_STEP CPCS LEFT JOIN CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE CPC ON CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID = CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID LEFT JOIN CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP CPT1 ON CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD = CPT1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD LEFT JOIN CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP CPT2 ON CPT1.PRNT_CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD = CPT2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_TYP_CD LEFT JOIN (SELECT DISTINCT SUB2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID, SUB2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID FROM CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ SUB2 WHERE SUB2.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_TYP_CD = 'CONTACTAGENTTYPE') AGET ON CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID = AGET.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID LEFT JOIN (SELECT DISTINCT SUB3.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID, SUB3.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_VAL_ID FROM CPM1P1.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ SUB3 WHERE SUB3.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_SBJ_TYP_CD = 'AGENCYTYPE') AGEY ON CPCS.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID = AGEY.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID WHERE CaseStartDate between (intnx('month', today(), -1, 'b')+19) and (intnx('month', today(), 0, 'b')+19) /*CaseStartDate between '20Oct2021'd and '20Nov2021'd*/ and SourceCode = 'SSPortal' and StepNumber = 1 ORDER BY CPC.CHNL_PTNR_CASE_ID ASC ; quit; data CPIM_Automation; set CPIM_Automation; if AgencyType='' and AgentType^='' then AgencyAgentType = AgentType; if AgencyType^='' and AgentType='' then AgencyAgentType = AgencyType; if AgencyType='' and AgentType='' then AgencyAgentType = 'Missing'; run;

LMSSAS
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you, very helpfil
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@LMSSAS wrote:

proc freq data=CPIM_Automation ;
    tables worktype/out=_counts_;
run;

--
Paige Miller
LMSSAS
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you!! That works

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation