BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jose6
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everybody,

is there a way to execute the extension .egp (the .egp file contains several programs inside) from linux ??,

I have solved the issue of executing a .sas from linux using this command line :

/sas94/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/sasexe/sas /folder1/program.sas 

but now, i want to execute a .egp from linux, is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In a word, no. Enterprise Guide projects can only be run from within SAS's Enterprise Guide client tool, either interactively or in batch mode. EG only runs on Windows PCs.

You can however export an EGP to SAS programs, and then run these on linux.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In a word, no. Enterprise Guide projects can only be run from within SAS's Enterprise Guide client tool, either interactively or in batch mode. EG only runs on Windows PCs.

You can however export an EGP to SAS programs, and then run these on linux.

Jose6
Obsidian | Level 7
Thks SASKiwi, I got it
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

An egp file is actually a zip file (open it as such and check the contents) that contains sas programs and other information.

You'd need to know which programs you want to run, extract them ,and then run them in the desired order.

Jose6
Obsidian | Level 7
Thks for the info

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation