)

DATATABLE= "TbPatient"

DBMS=ACCESSCS REPLACE;

DATABASE="\\Sih-fs\programmes\CPTCR\BD_CPTCR.mdb";

SCANMEMO=YES;

USEDATE=YES;

SCANTIME=YES;

RUN;

Since upgrading to SAS 9.4, this syntax is not working anymore and I cannot access the database anymore.

Can you please help me?

I cannot provide a sample as it is patient confidential data.

Thanking you in advance,

Aline

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If the PC Files Server is not installed on the same machine where the SAS process runs, you need to supply at least a server name to the import procedure if you use dbms=ACCESSCS.

From the 9.3 documentation of ACCESSCS for PROC IMPORT:

SERVER= PC-Files-Server-name

specifies the name of the PC Files Server, where PC-Files-Server-name can be either the computer name or the associated IP address. You must bring up the listener on the PC Files Server before you can establish a connection to it. You can also configure these items:
  • the service name
  • the port number
  • the maximum number of concurrent connections
  • specifications to indicate whether data encryption will be used
Alias: SERVER_NAME
Restriction: Available only for the client/server model.
Note: You can omit this option if you are running SAS and the PC Files Server on the same machine. Omitting this option under this condition causes the PC Files Server to start automatically in the background.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I am going to assume this is a 32/64 bit problem.  Basically when Windows moved to 64bit, a lot of the proprietary binary files no longer worked - including SAS catalogs.  There have been some suggestions made like using PCfiles.  However I am of the opinion that this is a really good time to bin these dreadful, archaic file types in favour of far more open, portable sources.  For instance, dump out your data from Access into a CSV file - CSV is plain open text, which will work on any system and is not tied to a proprietary format.

If you absolutely have to use Access (why?), then you will need to migrate that file and software to 64bit to match the bit of SAS you are using or setup an export process from it to an open file format.  Me I would not be using any Office software as a data store, invest in a proper database, or use a proper method of data transfer, I cannot express how much of an issue Office suite is in the world.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation