BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thanikondharish
Calcite | Level 5

We are using different formats like best. , percent. like these i need different fixed formats except date formats 

can you kindly let me know what are they?

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
I have no idea what the question is here.
thanikondharish
Calcite | Level 5
fixed formats like
ex: negparen8.

like above examples
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @thanikondharish,

Do you mean width specifications appended to format names?

When you look through the list of SAS-supplied formats you'll notice that all of them include such a w or w.d specification. Omitting them means using the default value(s). These defaults and the ranges of valid values for w (and d if any) can be found in the documentation of each format. For example, in negparen. the width and number of decimals are not really unspecified, but they default to 6 and 0, respectively. Similarly, best. is equivalent to best12. and percent. is equivalent to percent6. and percent6.0.

You can use w (and, if applicable, even w.d) specifications with user-defined formats as well.

Reeza
Super User
What do you mean by ‘fixed format’? That is not a term I’ve heard in reference to SAS formats in 20 years, though there are fixed format files which talk about the file structure

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation