BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
claudiodejesusa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I'm working with SAS Viya 3.5 with Azure Databricks, i have connection with ODBC, but i got some problems when i try to establish a caslib to data source odbc and want to add parameter dbmax_text. This parameter is success with JDBC, but in ODBC is the problem.

Do you know the correct syntax? I use this parameter because of my database has string fields and when the data go to SAS i want tu manage the length of the string converted to char type on SAS.

Thanks for the support

Claudio

claudiodejesusa_0-1700066730364.png

claudiodejesusa_1-1700066748761.png

Claudio
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

DBMAX_TEXT is not one of the supported options for the CAS ODBC data connector in Viya 3.5 (and even in Viya 2023.9). I don't have access to a Viya instance using ODBC to access STRING data types, but you should give the connection a try without using DBMAX_TEXT. Remember that, unlike base SAS data sets, CAS tables support the VARCHAR data type.

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

DBMAX_TEXT is not one of the supported options for the CAS ODBC data connector in Viya 3.5 (and even in Viya 2023.9). I don't have access to a Viya instance using ODBC to access STRING data types, but you should give the connection a try without using DBMAX_TEXT. Remember that, unlike base SAS data sets, CAS tables support the VARCHAR data type.

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation