BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rohitkrishna
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All

I'm facing one issue with the current business date  in sas mainframe dataset please find the below mention input data and output screen shot

the input file contains date in a YYMMDDCC format 

input file name is nsdate

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

above the input date and 

and the sas code has 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

data _null_;

infile nsdate;

input @1 date yymmdd6.;

edate=put(date,yymmdd10.);

cudt=compree(translate(edate,' ','-'));

call symput('busdt',cudt);

%put busdt;

run;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

while run the above code we are getting century mismatch instead of  20 it coming the 19

why bez the date filed has to calculate from 1960 Jan 1 to till date, but up to 2019 Dec 31 it calculates properly 

but from 2020 it's not picking

RAM         EDTE              CDTE

-14608    1920-01-03     19200103   

above the output we are getting 

may know what it contains going negative values 

and moreover for the date field has given yymmdd6. format it must come has 200103 insted of that it given date calculation from 1960 to till date 

kindly give some solution for above problem 

Thanks & Regards 

Rohit

5 REPLIES 5
s_lassen
Meteorite | Level 14

The problem is that you are reading 6-character dates, when doing that you should take a look at the YEARCUTOFF option. It seems that it has been set to 1920 on your system, meaning that year values from 20 to 99 will be read as 1920 to 1999.

Try this:

options yearcutoff=1950;

or something like that, that should correct the problem. 

If that is not good enough, you will have to read the century by itself, as I do not think that SAS has an informat like YYMMDDCC, e.g.:

data _null_;
  infile nsdate;
  input @1 date yymmdd6. century 2.;
  if century>int(year(date)/100) then
    date=intnx('year',date,100,'same');
  edate=put(date,yymmdd10.);
  cudt=compree(translate(edate,' ','-'));
  call symput('busdt',cudt);
run;

%put &busdt;
rohitkrishna
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Lassen,
thanks for the quick replay
now it working fine after changes
Thanks a lot lassen
Thanks & regards
rohit
ErikLund_Jensen
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @rohitkrishna 

Another solution would be to read the character string, use prxchange to put  CC before YY and store the result in a macro variable. There is no yearcutoff problem because the value is treated as a string and not read as a SAS date. 

data _null_;
	infile nsdate;
	input @1 date $8.;
	call symput('busdt',prxchange('s/(\d{6})(\d{2})/$2$1/',1,date));
run;
%put &busdt;
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It seems you want a date formatted as yymmddn8. in your macro variable, so you only need to move the century to the front:

data _null_;
infile nsdate;
input @1 date $8.;
call symput('busdt',substr(date,7,2)!!substr(date,1,6));
run;

%put &busdt.;
ballardw
Super User

@rohitkrishna wrote:

Hi All

I'm facing one issue with the current business date  in sas mainframe dataset please find the below mention input data and output screen shot

the input file contains date in a YYMMDDCC format 

Your question subject line says that the date is in CCYYMMDD format. But you say the value is YYMMDDCC. So, which is it actually?

I haven't ever seen anything with YYMMDDCC so am wanting to make sure that you are providing the correct information.

Personally if I ever run into a YYMMDDCC date I am going to beat someone about the head and shoulders and yell "What were you thinking!"

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation