BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cruise
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi Folks:

I'd like to assess the temporal relationship between pneumonia and minimum ambient temperature and average relative humidity over 2016 until to date. I will also have to assess the combined effected of temperature and humidity on the health outcome over time as well. 

Will do the same for cold and flu as well but separately. I don't need to forecast. 

My question is: What is the right procedure available using SAS to tease out these questions? proc varmax? 

Thank you for your time. Screen shot of the proc print of the data and few lines of data attached just in case. 

proc print.png

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

What does that pneumonia number represent? And since you say the same for Cold and Flu, what do those represent?

And since relative humidity is related to temperature you may have more complications to consider.

Cruise
Ammonite | Level 13
Thank you very much for getting back to me on the issue. I really need some help or someone to brainstorm with. The numbers for pneumonia, cold and flu represent the ratio of number of each pneumonia, cold or flu cases over the total population lived in the geographic area. RH and temp are related. Also, considering a combined effect of RH and temp is important. I was wondering about creating a simple interaction variable like: min_temp*avg_relative_humidity. I noticed that you didn't comment on the proc varmax, would you recommend proc varmax? or other proc is in consideration depending how complex the relationship under assessment, as you are hinting?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation