BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to upload data into an existing table in mysql database, using append. Here is my code for data pulling with database information:

libname DB mysql user = userid password = mypassword schema=dbschema server="thisistheserver.com" port = 3311;

proc append base = DB.existingdata data = have force;
run;

It return error as below:

ERROR: Prepare error: No database selected SQL statement: SELECT * FROM `existingdata`

Please help to check what is the problem with my "append" code, or if anyone can show me how to use insert into to do the job, it is also OK.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

As this is MySQL I would suggest:

libname DB mysql user = userid password = mypassword DATABASE=dbschema server="thisistheserver.com" port = 3311;

Hope this helps,

-- Jan.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello,

Does the base table exists in the database and you have permissions on it.

Thanks,
Suryakiran
leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7
My userid and password should give me permission. I can upload data in JSL. But right now I need to combine that part of code into my SAS code
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

As this is MySQL I would suggest:

libname DB mysql user = userid password = mypassword DATABASE=dbschema server="thisistheserver.com" port = 3311;

Hope this helps,

-- Jan.

leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes, that is what I used
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you rerun your code with the following options you get some insight in the dialog between SAS and MySQL. This may help with troubleshooting:

options sastrace=',,,d' sastraceloc=saslog;

libname ...

leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7

Here is the returned info

0 1546900232 no_name 0 APPEND
MYSQL_1: Executed: on connection 1 1 1546900232 no_name 0 APPEND
SELECT * FROM `existingdata` WHERE 0=1 2 1546900232 no_name 0 APPEND
3 1546900232 no_name 0 APPEND
4 1546900233 no_name 0 APPEND
MYSQL_2: Executed: on connection 2 5 1546900233 no_name 0 APPEND
SELECT * FROM `existingdata` where (0) 6 1546900233 no_name 0 APPEND
7 1546900233 no_name 0 APPEND
MYSQL: COMMIT performed on connection 2. 8 1546900233 no_name 0 APPEND
9 1546900233 no_name 0 APPEND
30 proc proc append base = DB.existingdata data = have force;
ERROR: Prepare error: No database selected SQL statement: SELECT * FROM `existingdata`.
31 run;

Reeza
Super User
Can you access or see that table in the library?
leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7
I cannot directly. But I can pull data from the table in mysql with the same information
Reeza
Super User
I'm not sure what "i can pull data form the table in mysql" means. Does this mean you can see the table in MySQL, but not in SAS?
leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7
Sorry I couldn't explain myself clearly. I used to run my SAS code to get result. Then upload new dataset or pull the whole table from MySQL use JSL. Now I have to combine everything into SAS code. I tried pull whole table in a separate program and it worked, but uploading right now is not working. I think the access to the table in MySQL is OK, not sure if that is what you mean "see"
Reeza
Super User

@leonzheng wrote:
Sorry I couldn't explain myself clearly. I used to run my SAS code to get result. Then upload new dataset or pull the whole table from MySQL use JSL. Now I have to combine everything into SAS code. I tried pull whole table in a separate program and it worked, but uploading right now is not working. I think the access to the table in MySQL is OK, not sure if that is what you mean "see"

Can you pull information from those tables in SAS? That's one way to verify your assumption that your access is ok. 

leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes, I can pull information from the table in SAS code
Reeza
Super User

Here's how a SQL insert may work. The first data step is just to create a table to insert the data into.

data class;
set sashelp.class;
run;

proc sql;
insert into class
select * from sashelp.class;
quit;
leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7

Follow your suggestion, I run code:

libname DB mysql user = userid password = mypassword schema=dbschema server="thisistheserver.com" port = 3311;

proc sql;
insert into DB.existingdata
select * from have    //also tried select * from existingdata here
quit;

libname DB clear;

It still not working, show the same error: Prepare error: No database selected SQL statement: SELECT * FROM `existingdata`

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 in conversation