BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Reeza
Super User
For some reason it seems to be thinking the existing data doesn't exist or is trying to run everything on the server. That's the exact code you're using?
leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7
I only changed the names I used for simplify reason
Reeza
Super User
Sounds like a tech support question then.
leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7
thanks
kiranv_
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Try 

data work.a;

set DB.existingdata;

run;

Then see what happens. If this works your libname works, else you have issue with libname, you need to contact someone in your team to ask what they use and fix it

data db.a;

set work.a(obs=1);

run;

if above step does not work but your first step has worked then you have only read access to mysql table, but you do not write access. Which means you need to contact your database admin about this.

leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7

Good point!

I tried and failed at the 1st step, when I used the code below, there was no error reported so I thought the libname and connection should be OK. 

libname DB mysql user = userid password = mypassword schema=dbschema server="thisistheserver.com" port = 3311;

It seems do have some problems...

Here is the SAS code I used to pull data from DB.existingdata and it do work, please help me on how to upload data if possible,

proc sql;
connect to mysql (server="thisistheserver.com" port=3311 user=userid password=mypassword);
create table want as select * from connection to mysql
(
select *
from dbschema.existingdata
);
disconnect from mysql;
quit;

Reeza
Super User
That's using a pass-through query so it's not testing if the connection is set up correctly. If you cannot access it via a data step then the connection is not set properly. Also, note the dbschema.existingdata notation is different on the server in SAS SQL. Something that worked in pass-through may not work in SAS SQL.
leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks,
Based the information I provided (and that is all the information I have) Can you point me a way of doing this?
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

As someone mentioned before there is no SCHEMA= option mentioned in the documentation for SAS/Access to MYSQL.

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=acreldb&docsetTarget=n1lyg1d0crcejin1v7zaeteeniuu.htm&docset...

There is a DATABASE= option.  

Looks like you should be using that option instead.

libname DB mysql
  user = userid password = mypassword
  server="thisistheserver.com" port = 3311
  database=dbschema 
;
leonzheng
Obsidian | Level 7
thank you, it worked, my mistake I didn't see the difference before. I marked the 1st answer about this as solution.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 in conversation