BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jedrzej
Obsidian | Level 7

hi,

i want allign my data to get proper proc report output

data have

Jedrzej_0-1615553046812.png

so every row in this case shoud be alligned to 217/336 (64.6%)

thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Have you created some sort of character variable to hold a composite value like that?

If so, the only possibility of getting this to work at all would involve displaying the value with a fixed width font like Courier or SAS Monospace and then inserting blanks into the data value.

If not, then show your proc report code.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Have you created some sort of character variable to hold a composite value like that?

If so, the only possibility of getting this to work at all would involve displaying the value with a fixed width font like Courier or SAS Monospace and then inserting blanks into the data value.

If not, then show your proc report code.

Jedrzej
Obsidian | Level 7
yes, it's a concatenated char variable, so maybe I should fixed it in a dataset before ? i'm not good with proc report
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Agreeing with @ballardw . You seem to have missed his point, character strings cannot be aligned on decimal points or parenthesis unless you use a fixed width font like Courier. Where the character string is created (data set or PROC REPORT or anywhere else) is irrelevant to this problem.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation