BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yiping
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi SAS Experts!

I am wondering if it's possible to have some codes at the end of a scheduled job created in Job Execution to send the output to myself through email. Something similar to press the email button in the "Results" page:

Yiping_0-1590143414317.png

Any input would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
s_lassen
Meteorite | Level 14

You will probably want to write the output to a physical file (use ODS output statement), and then use a data step to send a mail with the file as an attachment, as @Kurt_Bremser wrote, look up the Email method in the filename statement.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Yiping
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you, sir, for your valuable input! 🙂
s_lassen
Meteorite | Level 14

You will probably want to write the output to a physical file (use ODS output statement), and then use a data step to send a mail with the file as an attachment, as @Kurt_Bremser wrote, look up the Email method in the filename statement.

Yiping
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for your help!

I've tried to write the codes as you suggested. There wasn't any error from the codes, but I encountered authorization issue. I guess the admin team needs to enable this feature for me.

I'll reach out to the admin team then 🙂 

Yiping
Fluorite | Level 6
Latest update, it turns out that it's a syntax error. I managed to send the email with attachment successfully after correcting the syntax.
Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation