BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi I am doing SAS Programming 1 course, currently on learning how to create library with LIBNAME.

I ran the following code and it generated a pg1 library under "My Libraries" as shown

libname pg1 "/home/u62043935/EPG1V2/data";
run;

Ben_in_Canberra_0-1665785534861.png

However, when I sign out of SAS Studio and sign back in, pg1 library disappears and I have to ran the code every time I sign in.

Is there a way to make the pg1 library permanent in SAS Studio?

thanks

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

@Nietzsche wrote:

However, when I sign out of SAS Studio and sign back in, pg1 library disappears and I have to ran the code every time I sign in.

That is default and expected behaviour.

thanks

If you create the library via the GUI you can check the box to "Persist this library beyond the current session". Or you can copy your library code and put it in your AutoExec file so that it runs every time you start SAS.

Instructions are here:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/webeditorcdc/v_002/webeditorug/n1rxiyysdwthokn1c9szd5175pmh.htm

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

@Nietzsche wrote:

That is default and expected behaviour.

thanks

If you create the library via the GUI you can check the box to "Persist this library beyond the current session". Or you can copy your library code and put it in your AutoExec file so that it runs every time you start SAS.

Instructions are here:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/webeditorcdc/v_002/webeditorug/n1rxiyysdwthokn1c9szd5175pmh.htm

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

can you create SAS library via GUI is SAS Studio?

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
found it, it is the first icon under the Libraries heading.
Reeza
Super User

Yes click the SAS Studio User Interface link on this linked page to see step by step instructions. 

How do I create my own SAS library?

Show instructions for creating a SAS library with: SAS code | SAS Studio user interface

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation