BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
codyfox
Calcite | Level 5
  1. Body mass index (BMI) is one measure of body size commonly used in research.

It is calculated as 􏰀􏰁􏰂 􏰃 􏰄􏰅􏰆􏰇􏰈􏰉􏰊 􏰇􏰋 􏰌􏰈􏰍 or 􏰐􏰄􏰅􏰆􏰇􏰈􏰉􏰊 􏰇􏰋 􏰑􏰒􏰓􏰋􏰔􏰕􏰍 ∙ 703􏰗. From reported􏰄􏰉􏰆􏰇􏰈􏰉􏰊 􏰇􏰋 􏰎􏰍􏰏 􏰄􏰉􏰆􏰇􏰈􏰉􏰊 􏰇􏰋 􏰇􏰋􏰖􏰉􏰆􏰕􏰍􏰏

weight and height in the class survey dataset, calculate each respondent’s BMI (note: BMI should be recorded as missing (.) if either height or weight is missing, and respondents with missing BMI should be excluded from this analysis). [You may wish to calculate this in Excel and then import again.]

a. WhatproportionofrespondentshadBMI<25?
    b. What proportion had BMI of at least 25 but less than 30?

2. c. What proportion had BMI of 30 or greater?

I have already calculated the BMI through excel but i can't wrap my head around which code i need to come up with the answers.

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Define the BMI categories as a format and use proc freq to calculate the proportions.

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation