BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I see a lot of code that still uses the ancient MISSOVER (which is some situations can cause loss of data) and wonder why people continue to use it instead of the newer more useful TRUNCOVER option.  

So I started to wonder when SAS introduced the option.

I have not been able to find on-line documentation from old SAS versions (you used to have to buy actual printed documentation for SAS).

I was able to find a reference to it in a SAS-L post at the UGA archives from 1996.  But I think perhaps the UGA archives of SAS-L only go back to 1996.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

I'm pretty sure that Truncover was available in either SAS 6.04 or 6.06.

Found this document https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings-archive/SUGI93/Sugi-93-208%20Carey%20Carey.pdf which references TRUNCOVER from SUGI93, so 1993 or earlier.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation