BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mariange8282
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I am having this warning:

WARNING: A total of 1327 of the 8672 observations in the DATA= data set were excluded (frequency sum = 7345).

I just would like to manage the frequency sum = 7345. Have that data in a variable. 

What I really want to do is if frecuency sum < 1000 (Example) then, ignore this  data. 

Any sugestions?
3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Use proc freq to get frequency counts?

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Usually a message like this means that there are observations with missing values that were dropped from the analysis.  If you are using a FREQ statement, the WARNING tells you the sum of the frequencies for the observations that are dropped.

The easiest way to handle this is to pre-process the data to exclude observations that will be dropped. This is called restricting the data to "complete cases" or "listwise deletion." For ways to do this, see the artlcle "Complete cases: How to perform listwise deletion in SAS."

After you have filtered out the missing values, you can use PROC MEANS to count the remaining frequency count to decide if there is sufficient data left:

proc means data=CompleteCases sum;
var freq;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation