BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LL5
Pyrite | Level 9 LL5
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Quentin, thanks for this alternative and creative solution. I have noncontiguous ranges but this approach would be helpful to other work situation. Thanks again. 

Quentin
Super User

I guess for noncontiguous you could try a hack like:

data inv_sept ; 
  set sale."sale_sept$A:C"n;  /*Read cols A-C*/
  set sale."sale_sept$E:F"n;  /*Read cols E-F*/ 
run;
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mark Keintz presenting History Carried Forward, Future Carried Back: Mixing Time Series of Differing Frequencies on May 8. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Talk to whoever in your company is responsible for setting up SAS.  It is their job to enable you to be able to run SAS with the settings you need. 

• If you are running SAS from the command line then they can create a different command (or add an option to the existing command) to launch SAS with proper encoding. 
  • If you are using SAS/Studio or Enterprise Guide or other method to connect to a SAS session running on an application server then they can create a separate connection for you to use to launch a SAS session using the encoding you need. 
  • If you are using Windows and launching SAS from the desktop then they can make "icons" that appear in your Start menu to launch SAS using the encoding you need.
LL5
Pyrite | Level 9 LL5
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Tom. The SAS programs are ran in batch under Unix, so it may not help even I update my SAS E.G session. I informed the SAS administrator about the warning message, it just seems there might be no way to fix this issue by simply updating the SAS code. But all the information I collected here are helpful for me to understand the reason. 

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@LL5 wrote:

Thanks Tom. The SAS programs are ran in batch under Unix, so it may not help even I update my SAS E.G session. I informed the SAS administrator about the warning message, it just seems there might be no way to fix this issue by simply updating the SAS code. But all the information I collected here are helpful for me to understand the reason. 

So currently you are running a command like this:

sas myprogram

So either have them make a new command you can use or add an option to the existing command so that you can instead using a command like one of these.

sas_u8 myprogram
sas -u8 myprogram
LL5
Pyrite | Level 9 LL5
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Tom again for all the advice. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation