BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@PatMalarkey wrote:
I was able to use ODS Excel to write the sheet with the issue to Excel and the percent retains the correct format. I need to write multiple sheets to the workbook, so it's not a complete solution - though I was able to write the other sheets using LIBNAME.

So have we now moved away from being worried about the values being wrong and are now talking about how to control the "format" used in to display the numbers in the XLSX file?

PatMalarkey
Obsidian | Level 7

No.  The values are incorrect when I use the LIBNAME method.  They get rounded and they should not be.  ODS is one work-around, but it is less than optimal.

Reeza
Super User
ODS EXCEL supports multiple sheets and multiple tables per sheet.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@PatMalarkey wrote:

No.  The values are incorrect when I use the LIBNAME method.  They get rounded and they should not be.  ODS is one work-around, but it is less than optimal.

We have shown that the XLSX engine does not round the sample value you sent.

So if it is still doing that for you (and you are using at least SAS 9.4M5) then open a support ticket with SAS support to have them help debug why your installation is not working.  Perhaps the issue is only triggered with the right combination of data and not just the simple example value you posted.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation