BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
agbpilot
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, thank you for your assistance and Happy Holidays!

I have a test process for training that I've been running OK for a few months, however recently a lot of my code has suddenly stopped working (I've made no edits to it...), and so I'm receiving the following error, log attached.  I've implemented this code to bypass the normal "Working" memory library in order to continue to test this process in the short-term.  However, as of late this does not work either.

libname user '/folders/myfolders/';

Did work space restrictions recently tighten around SAS University?  Does anyone have suggestions on how I can overcome?

Andy

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

If you've had some crashes with SAS UE it ends up keeping those temporary files and not cleaning the work space properly. If SAS has crashed a few times this can be the reason. You can try either reinstalling or cleaning the work files area manually. It isn't easy you need to find the write commands so I usually just re-install. 

For working with large files in SAS UE I usually recommend placing your work library outside of the VM and then you can clean it up easily if needed. But make sure to do it periodically otherwise your HD will get overrun because there's no automatic clean up. 

@agbpilot wrote:

Hi, thank you for your assistance and Happy Holidays!

I have a test process for training that I've been running OK for a few months, however recently a lot of my code has suddenly stopped working (I've made no edits to it...), and so I'm receiving the following error, log attached.  I've implemented this code to bypass the normal "Working" memory library in order to continue to test this process in the short-term.  However, as of late this does not work either.

libname user '/folders/myfolders/';

Did work space restrictions recently tighten around SAS University?  Does anyone have suggestions on how I can overcome?

Andy

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation