BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BenjaminMason
Calcite | Level 5

Not sure if this is the right sub for this, so let me know if I should crosspost elsewhere.

I'm working on an analysis where I'm looking at a binary variable and comparing it to multiple ordinal/continuous variables. I used a series of ANOVAs using the proc glm command. In the output for each comparison, I have 3 results tables: Type I SS. Type III SS, and Least Squares Means. The first two tables give me the degrees of freedom, Type X SS, mean square, f value, and p value. The Least Squares Means table just has the lsmean and p value.

I'm trying to figure out which of these I want to use to report my results (or a combination?). I figured out the difference between the Type I SS and Type III SS and I'm pretty confident I want to use the Type III because I have a couple variables I'm trying to control for. What I'm not sure is if I want to use the Type III SS table or the Least Squares Means table, or both? I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what Least Squares Means is and why that table gives me so much less data. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

DUPLICATE THREAD

DO NOT REPLY HERE

reply at https://communities.sas.com/t5/New-SAS-User/Understanding-the-GLM-output/m-p/613785#M18479 (where there already exists a good answer)

--
Paige Miller

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation