BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

Instead of using a libname, I am trying to to go Tools-Assign Project Library - Select the server. However when I click on browse to choose the folder, I am not seeing any folders at all. All I see is... a tilda and sasuser.v94 under it. I don't see the network folders. How can I see the network folders under it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

By default, the file navigation root of a workspace server is set to the user's home directory, so you can't use a client's (SAS Studio or EG) navigation pane to find a directory. You need to set the path by typing it in.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Can you give us a few more details?  What version of SAS EG are you running?  

The first thing I would try is allocating the Libname the regular way, with SAS code.  If it works with SAS code, then we know the issue is with EG, and we can focus our efforts there.  If it doesn't work with SAS code, then we have to look at a broader environmental issue.

Jim

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

By default, the file navigation root of a workspace server is set to the user's home directory, so you can't use a client's (SAS Studio or EG) navigation pane to find a directory. You need to set the path by typing it in.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks @Kurt_Bremser and @jimbarbour for your responses. The libname works fine with in a SAS code, it just wasn't working from the GUI. Also I tried giving the full path in browse as mentioned by @Kurt_Bremser and it worked just fine. Thanks !!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation