BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi all SAS Users,

Today when I refresh the Libraries from the Serve part of the Servers interface, all the libraries' names disappeared as in the picture below.

Phil_NZ_0-1617240458744.png

Could you please help me to sort it out?

Warm regards.

Thank you for your help, have a fabulous and productive day! I am a novice today, but someday when I accumulate enough knowledge, I can help others in my capacity.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Phil_NZ - That's definitely not normal behaviour. I'd suggest opening a track with SAS Tech Support. They are in the best position to diagnose such problems.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

LIBNAMEs only disappear if you disconnect from your SAS server. Re-run your LIBNAME statements to get them back.

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @SASKiwi 

Thank you for your suggestion, but I am quite confident that I did not disconnect the serve, and I think it is displaying error because when I drop down the library, I can see the datasets inside and I also can click into the datasets and see the data.

Phil_NZ_0-1617245172299.png

Warm regards.

Thank you for your help, have a fabulous and productive day! I am a novice today, but someday when I accumulate enough knowledge, I can help others in my capacity.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Phil_NZ  - Does closing EG and re-opening it fix the problem? 

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @SASKiwi 

Yes, It definitely works (my normal solution for this issue), but the point is that it happened to me many times recently so I am wondering if it is a systematic error.

Warm regards.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Phil_NZ - That's definitely not normal behaviour. I'd suggest opening a track with SAS Tech Support. They are in the best position to diagnose such problems.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

From the picture it looks like EG 8; I concur with the others that this is an issue for technical support. You may have uncovered a faulty behavior under some special conditions ("Local" server, recent Windows updates, ...).

astrae_research
Obsidian | Level 7

Just updated. Same here. Very annoyed😤. No time to deal with tech support due to a red hot deadline.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation