BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
akhilvijayan382
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there is any way to remove the title "Table of Contents" in the ods pdf reports? Or is there is an option to present the title "Table of Contents" on all the index pages?

I have tried to update the template by " replace text / 'content title' = ";" but it is not working. Currently, the title Table of Contents is presented only on the first page of the report.

Thanks in Advance

Akhil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Please post your code and explain what you mean by "index" pages. The way that the Table of Contents works is that it creates a page with the Table of Contents. ODS PDF has a CONTENTS= option, but does not have an INDEX= option, so it is not clear what you mean when you refer to "index" pages. The REPLACE statement was deprecated back in SAS 9.2, so I would not recommend using that syntax anymore. The other thing I don't understand is that if you actually want the TOC title to appear, why is your TEMPLATE code trying to blank it out? This worked for me:

Cynthia_sas_0-1633365145661.png

Cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Please post your code and explain what you mean by "index" pages. The way that the Table of Contents works is that it creates a page with the Table of Contents. ODS PDF has a CONTENTS= option, but does not have an INDEX= option, so it is not clear what you mean when you refer to "index" pages. The REPLACE statement was deprecated back in SAS 9.2, so I would not recommend using that syntax anymore. The other thing I don't understand is that if you actually want the TOC title to appear, why is your TEMPLATE code trying to blank it out? This worked for me:

Cynthia_sas_0-1633365145661.png

Cynthia

akhilvijayan382
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you Cynthia, the query raised to get a solution for arrange the toc based on some condition (eg: TOC for condition one in page 1 and two in page 2 etc.). Currently I have generated the reports separately based on the conditions and combined the pdf again.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation