BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
catchnight
Calcite | Level 5

SAS9.4 M2, when I took the initial launching, there is errors as following:

ERROR: TKM: Memory Error [CHECKOWNER] Pool1 [ 259a170] [WM Reb Pool:HOST ] Pool2 [ 25ab360] [UnknownG2]
ERROR: Reason: [TKM Allocation Released to the Wrong pool : ]

Anyone knows what casues this? thx

7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User
  • open a track with SAS technical support, they are the best for such issues
  • since you're doing a fresh install, get a current depot (M7, soon M8); no use to risk having issues that may have been fixed in the current release
catchnight
Calcite | Level 5

tried to install SAS9.4 m7, first-time launching showed error:

ERROR: An exception has been encountered.
Please contact technical support and provide them with the following traceback information:
The SAS task name is [sasxkern]
ERROR: Read Access Violation sasxkern
Exception occurred at (C947E776)

I checked this communities for  possible solution, Solved: Error at start of SAS Base (exception 36092C2 and ... - SAS Support Communities. However, it does not work for my issue.

BrNiel
SAS Employee

Hey there, @catchnight 

By chance, are you running the SAS 9.4 platform on Windows 10?  Did you get the issue resolved?

My team did see a couple instances where - if you had a certain Windows Update applied - and your Windows Print Spooler service was either stopped/disabled, the SAS Windowing Environment may not open.

Thanks

King-JZF
Calcite | Level 5

Hey,

I also got the same error when I open SAS 9.4.

Thanks to @BrNiel  method. I checked my Windows Print Spooler service, I found it is disabled. The way I solve it is to start Windows Print Spooler and then the SAS 9.4 can be open now without error!

BrNiel
SAS Employee

Glad to hear that worked for you as well, @King-JZF.

Note: If your organization requires that specific service to stay disabled in an environment (i.e., you wouldn't be able to print anyway) there is a startup option in the SAS 9.4 Windowing Environment that could also be used.  Contact SAS Technical Support to create a Case if so, and we can help you further diagnose.

ZLX
Fluorite | Level 6 ZLX
Fluorite | Level 6
The best solution ever!! Thanks!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation