BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hhchenfx
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

I run the below code and SAS return note like:

Likelihood Optimization Algorithm Converged in 2 Iterations.
NOTE: The above message was for the following BY group:

5020 options notes ;

Is there any way for SAS not to print these lines out?

I use "option nonotes" the the 2nd lines are not print, but the first line still there.

Thank you,

HHC

proc ucm data=have2 noprint;
by tic;
    id n interval=obs;
    model value;
    irregular;
    level variance=0 noest;
    slope plot=smooth;
    forecast lead=0 outfor=for plot=decomp;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26
options nonotes;

I don't think this can turn off the output from the procedure about how many iterations were needed.

Generally, it is a bad idea to turn off the NOTES, as they provide useful information. The only times I would consider turning off notes is if you have created a program and thoroughly debugged it and certified that it works properly. But for iterative procedures such as PROC UCM, I would still recommend you leave the NOTES on, as it may work fine with this data set and the PROC will not work so well with other data sets and the NOTES will be handy.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26
options nonotes;

I don't think this can turn off the output from the procedure about how many iterations were needed.

Generally, it is a bad idea to turn off the NOTES, as they provide useful information. The only times I would consider turning off notes is if you have created a program and thoroughly debugged it and certified that it works properly. But for iterative procedures such as PROC UCM, I would still recommend you leave the NOTES on, as it may work fine with this data set and the PROC will not work so well with other data sets and the NOTES will be handy.

--
Paige Miller
Quentin
Super User

If you really don't want this note in the log (or anything else) you can take the EXTREME rout of using PROC PRINTTO to redirect the log (temporarily).  

But I fully endorse @PaigeMiller's recommendation.  I never use PROC PRINTTO to send the log to the bit bucket, and I (almost) never set NONOTES.

In fact just last week I got bit my a utility macro I wrote a few years ago where I was arrogant enough to set NONOTES because it had been 'debugged' and I didn't want it to clutter the log.

Notes are your friends.  Warnings and errors are even better, like family. : )

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mark Keintz presenting History Carried Forward, Future Carried Back: Mixing Time Series of Differing Frequencies on May 8. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
hhchenfx
Barite | Level 11

Thank you all for helping.

HHC

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation