BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jjdalfonso
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a dataset that contains exclusion tags per customer and reporting month. I want to be able to show a report (proc tabulate, report) that shows how many observations remain after each exclusion tags (like a waterfall type).

Goal:

jjdalfonso_0-1691577077161.png

For criteria 2 exclusions, the dataset should be the net of the criteria 1 exclusion. 

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Please provide input data (a small portion is fine), as SAS data step code (examples and instructions), and not in any other form. We can't write code without knowing the input data.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

Pretty sure this wouldn't be a Proc Tabulate as it has very little in the way of "use a result from row x to calculate row y".

Looks more like a summary step to get the count per month overall and per "exclusion" then a pass through at data step.

But not even going to suggest dummy code without a small example as your data may be structured quite differently that I am imagining it to be.

Hint: Example data should not include more than may 20 total "exclusions" for a month and should include no more than 3 months unless more are needed to demonstrate some peculiarity of your data such as differing "criteria" per month.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation