BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7

My datasource at SAS Viya 8.1 is in a Sandbox environment, so my IT guy refreshes the data manually every day. He's away from work so the datasource is a few days old. As a power user, i can access SAS studio and SAS data studio, so where should i go to run the query to update my datasource? I see Proc Sql code when i enter SAS studio. What would the code to refresh data look like, and how do i run it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7

Basically, just hit the Submit button in SAS Studio. When the run is completed, an Output tab will appear to show the outcome, like if there are any errors etc.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

>What would the code to refresh data look like, and how do i run it?

It could look like anything.

It's like you are telling us you have access to a supermarket and what does food look like?

mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7
Im really new into these, so i dont know what to look for. If you're into analogies, im like a 3 year old toddler exploring the world and being curious. What may seemed obvious to adults may not be so for a toddler. Another one: i only see sql code being used. To me, coding might have certain operators that perhaps i can referenced. Perhaps an UPDATE(DATASOURCE) or sth. So its like ordering from macdonalds. I wanna Big Mac, and there's only that few ingredients that goes into it.. i could be wrong....but some guidance would be appreciated
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@mattneo wrote:

My datasource at SAS Viya 8.1 is in a Sandbox environment, so my IT guy refreshes the data manually every day. He's away from work so the datasource is a few days old. As a power user, i can access SAS studio and SAS data studio, so where should i go to run the query to update my datasource? I see Proc Sql code when i enter SAS studio. What would the code to refresh data look like, and how do i run it?

Just because you are a "power user" does not mean that you have the required rights to update the data-source.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

There is no Viya version 8.1  The latest version of Viya is 3.5. 

You can't load data into CAS using Proc SQL

Here the docu link how to load data via script into CAS. There is much development happening in the Viya space so make sure you use the docu for your Viya version.

mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7
Sorry typo error. Its v 8.3.1. I was told im in a sandbox environ, and data gets refreshed manually. Im not a tech person so im just figuring out
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Sorry, it's really hard to help you with such vague requirements.

Your solution could literally be anywhere and look like one of an infinite number of patterns.

mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7

Basically, just hit the Submit button in SAS Studio. When the run is completed, an Output tab will appear to show the outcome, like if there are any errors etc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation