BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JonQX
Calcite | Level 5

I want to simulate to generate a case-control data, case: with Alzheimer's disease, control: without Alzheimer's disease. The variables included in both groups are: age <50,99 in the case group and 101 in the control group, 50 ≥ age ≤ 54, 273 in the case group and 274 in the control group, 55 ≤ age ≤ 59 679 in the case group and 678 in the control group; Exposure: whether or not estradiol was used, there were 372 patients using estradiol, and 374 patients who did not use estradiol. patients had 374. exposure x vs. y, no significant difference, OR = 1.09, (1.05 to 1.14). But I don't know how to generate such data in one go, please guide me.

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

What are you going to do with the data after you simulate it?

In many applications, the researcher is interested in similar trials or in the planning of future trials. In those cases, you might be interested in knowing whether a smaller sample would be sufficient to obtain the desired results while using fewer resources and less money. (This is called a power and sample size analysis.)

Also, can you explain the statement "372 patients using estradiol, and 374 did not"?  By my count, you have more than 1000 subjects in both the case and control groups.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I find your subject line confusing. You want a simulation of generated data, I don't even know what that means. Could you explain further?

You also seem to want a simulation that produces a specific odds ratio, I have no idea how to produce such a thing. Odds ratio of what? What is x and y that you talk about?

In fact, a much more detailed and clear explanation of the problem is requested.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation