BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BrahmanandaRao
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Everyone

ctrl +shift + L   not working in my sas application 

how to fix this problem to use lower case text shortcut key

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @BrahmanandaRao,

I see two possible reasons:

1. The shortcut has been removed or assigned to a different command.
  2. A different software uses the same shortcut.

In the first case you can just reassign it in Tools --> Options --> Enhanced Editor Keys: Select "Selection Operations" from the drop-down list under "Category," then "Convert the selected text to lowercase" under "Commands" and press the "Assign keys..." button. Once you press Ctrl+Shift+L (with the cursor in the field under "Press new shortcut key"), a different command assigned to the shortcut will be displayed, if any, and you can decide to overwrite it.

In the second case I would try to modify the shortcut in the other software.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
BrahmanandaRao
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
i didn't get
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
What software are you using? I think the shortcut you mention is for Enterprise Guide.
BrahmanandaRao
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
SAS 9.4
BrahmanandaRao
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
other keys are working
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @BrahmanandaRao,

I see two possible reasons:

1. The shortcut has been removed or assigned to a different command.
  2. A different software uses the same shortcut.

In the first case you can just reassign it in Tools --> Options --> Enhanced Editor Keys: Select "Selection Operations" from the drop-down list under "Category," then "Convert the selected text to lowercase" under "Commands" and press the "Assign keys..." button. Once you press Ctrl+Shift+L (with the cursor in the field under "Press new shortcut key"), a different command assigned to the shortcut will be displayed, if any, and you can decide to overwrite it.

In the second case I would try to modify the shortcut in the other software.

BrahmanandaRao
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you for your solution
its solved by first case in tools settinngs
how can you modify other software
please give reply
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@BrahmanandaRao wrote:
how can you modify other software

Well, that depends on the other software. For example, I use a screen capture utility and if I chose to set, say, Ctrl+F2 as the keyboard shortcut for taking a screen capture with that software, this key combination would no longer work in the Enhanced Editor, although it's still assigned to the command "Toggle marker on the current line." From within SAS there would be no (easy) way to find out why it stopped working.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation