BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sas_university
Obsidian | Level 7

Suppose if i have an excel sheet with names and dob's and without running code daily but the mail should send to them the bday wishes to particular persons separately through the mail id.

can anyone help me with this.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You could schedule a SAS program that checks a list of names and birthdays and sends them an email if the current date matches the birthday if that is what you mean. A SAS program still has to run but it can happen automatically, rather than you running it manually. Is that what you want?

sas_university
Obsidian | Level 7
i'll run once so that it should send wishes directly to their mails
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

See the article: How to send email using SAS, which contains several examples including one for targeted emails. @SASKiwi is correct that the program needs to run on a regular cadence in order to send the email to the intended recipients on the correct date.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation