BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SSK_011523
Calcite | Level 5

Hello

I am using single ITS for one of my projects to assess the impact of a policy intervention on medication use. 

SSK_011523_0-1677110930387.png

Outcome: Medication use (defined as aggregated means)

Exposure: Policy intervention

For the ITS model, I have defined the following parameters: 

Time (beta1): quarterly data (a total of 31 quarters). 

Intervention (beta2): The intervention was introduced in 12th quarter. I have defined intervention as three segments to take into account lagged effect. 0 indicates pre-intervention, 1 indicates transition/lagged period and 2 indicates post-intervention.

Time after intervention (beta 3): defined as 0 before the intervention 0 and intervention 1 and then as (1,2,3..19)

Since autocorrelation was detected in my data, I decided to use PROC AUTOREG. I used the following code:

PROC AUTOREG data = have;

model outcome = time intervention time_after_intervention/method = ml backstep nlag=5 dw=12 dwprob loglikl;

output out=want p =predicted r = residual;

run;

OUTPUT:

VariableEstimateApprox Pr > t
time0.8<0.0001 
intervention-2.9<0.0002 
time after intervention-1.1<0.0003 

Interpretation:

I am not sure how to interpret 'intervention' as I have defined it as three segments (pre-intervention, lagged period, and post-intervention). Do I interpret it in the same way if two segments were used to define intervention? 

I tried using class statement thinking I would get separate estimates for each segment but it did nit work.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation