BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shl007
Obsidian | Level 7

Does anyone know what might be causing SAS Enterprise Guide to prompt for my credentials intermittently? Usually my PC authentication should carry over (no prompts). Occasionally (not all the time) I see prompting like below when opening EG, which is causing my scheduled batch jobs thru Windows Task Scheduler to fail. I've recreated my connection profile in EG. Any other suggestions to check/try?

Capture2.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
shl007
Obsidian | Level 7
I've also made sure my password is saved in my EG profile.
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

You might encounter this usually when  the password is changed. Initially it will save with user and its password provided when setting up the profile, later when the password is changed then this prompt appears and you need to provide the new password.

Thanks,
Suryakiran
shl007
Obsidian | Level 7

Strange, I've changed my password a while ago. Is there any way to tell that my profile is working? The only thing I thought of is scheduling a test run in batch mode. Which I've done.

Thanks

SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

If the password is right then the popup will disappear, if not it popup again until it validates for the right one. Do you have SAS EG, you can check your profile there and try to connect to the server for checking. 

Thanks,
Suryakiran
shl007
Obsidian | Level 7

I just rebooted my PC, ,and I am prompted again.  😞   It seems I have to update the password each time in my profile. Then the password stays.  Is there a credentials file I can check? I'm not sure where it is on my C drive.

shl007
Obsidian | Level 7

Tried scheduling a batch job and got this error when it tried to execute thru Windows Task Scheduler - even though ad hoc session worked fine (interactively). Any ideas?

2019-01-04_17-24-50.jpg

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This SAS Note explains where your connection profile is stored by default. I would start by deleting the current one and creating a new one: http://support.sas.com/kb/58/246.html.

shl007
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for that note. Is there a particular file I should have my IT folks focus on in the directory mentioned in the note? There are various files

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Interestly I was digging into this myself as I have a similar problem problem with my connection profile password corrupting. There is an XML file in the ...\SAS\MetadataServerProfiles folder called ConfigurationVnn where nn refers to your EG version. This file appears to define connection profiles.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation