BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

In case your external file is not too big and doesn't contain confidential data then attach it here so we can test if this file also causes issues for us or if there is an issue with your environment (like an update to your virus scanner which now kills the SAS process when trying to import something).

Annie_Fréchette
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Patrick!
My file contain confidential data, so infortunately I can't... but I did send my code to two colleagues who ran it without problems. So , I really think that my laptop is linked to the problem... Would it be a good idea to desinstall/reinstall SAS? Or you think I should seek for something else? Like the antivirus? I have tested some other programs I have coded in the past. Basics works, but it crash if I'm tryin to recuperate a "libname" dataset....

Thanks,
Annie
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Your file is not comma-separated, so I am unsure how proc import can read it with your code.

Try this:

data TEST;
  infile "c:\......" dsd dlm='09'x truncover ;
  input (COL1-COL5) (:$50.);
  output;
  stop;
run;

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Is this your private laptop or is it maintained by an IT department? If it's the latter then I'd probably contact the help desk of this IT department and have a chat with them first. May be there has been something deployed that doesn't only cause issues for you - or they could at least look if there are some log/dump files after the crash which they could investigate to get further information - like looking into a Windows Event log.

I'd still wait with re-installing SAS until you've got a bit a better understanding why is happening what's happening. You could also try an run some of the code that crashes in batch mode and see if this works.

Annie_Fréchette
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi! So the guys from the IT department of my university have tried a lot of things and they finally decided to format my laptop. And now everything is working like it's suppose to. Thank you all for your help!!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation