BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GiorgioDonelli
Calcite | Level 5

HI all,

in SAS Visual Analytics, normally I create several reports saving it in my company's sas folders. Data inside reports can be updated daily, weekly and so on.

Through add-in, I can carry sas data into Excel. First time I have to "install" VA report in excel through "Reports" button on SAS menu. The issue is that next times (e.g. the day after), the "refresh" button proposes again old data. 

add-in.jpg

To get new data I'm forced to click on "reset" option in the drop-down list that appears by clicking on the three-dots menu of the SAS Panel:

add-in2.jpg

Trying to do the same in VBA, according to this article , the "Refresh" method causes the same behaviour, I get again old data.

My question is: There is a way in VBA to "reset" data so that the new data can arrive in excel?

This is the code I use:

Sub AggiornaSasAddIn(ObjName As String)    
Dim sas As SASExcelAddIn Set sas = Application.COMAddIns.Item("SAS.ExcelAddIn").Object sas.Refresh ObjName Set sas = Nothing
End Sub

Thanks to all in advance

1 REPLY 1
KatS_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Giorgio,

In using Visual Basic coding with the SAS Add-in, we do not have the ability to "reset" the report in Visual Basic coding.  You will have to select it manually.

Let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this issue.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation