BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Iblouse
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I was contacted by contractor about a job, but he was talking about improving SAS17 processes. I was lost, what is it?  

9 REPLIES 9
ballardw
Super User

Do a search.

I find multiple candidates. One is about Airline flight tracking.

Ask the source.

Iblouse
Obsidian | Level 7
He is recruiter not contractor. Here one of his message from our chat

" The survey is part of a pilot program to investigate the use of SAS Viya as an option for improving performance and functionality. In addition, existing SAS17 processes need to be reviewed with the goal of implementing them using SAS Viya, for improved performance."

I didn't get the SAS17
SASKiwi
PROC Star

A number that follows a reference to SAS software would normally refer to a version. AFAIK there is no such version. If you search on the SAS Support site for "SAS17" (no space) you will get the response No Results.

mkeintz
PROC Star

I have never heard the term SAS17.

What industry is the recruiter referring to?

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
Iblouse
Obsidian | Level 7
I mean contacted by a recruiter not a contractor on LinkedIn. Here one of his message from our chat:

" The survey is part of a pilot program to investigate the use of SAS Viya as an option for improving performance and functionality. In addition, existing SAS17 processes need to be reviewed with the goal of implementing them using SAS Viya, for improved performance"
Thanks!
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In my experience recruiters often get their wires crossed. I strongly suspect this is one of those cases.

Reeza
Super User
You ask the person using the term, it's not a common term in SAS and the recruiter either got the term wrong, mistyped and hit 7 instead of 9, or is using an internal term to the company.
Iblouse
Obsidian | Level 7

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. when he started messaging about SAS17 I was lost. Here one of his message from our chat:

" The survey is part of a pilot program to investigate the use of SAS Viya as an option for improving performance and functionality. In addition, existing SAS17 processes need to be reviewed with the goal of implementing them using SAS Viya, for improved performance"

I didn't get the SAS17 part, what is it?

Thanks!

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Please STOP reposting the same question over and over again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation