BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Stalk
Pyrite | Level 9

Recently I re-installed SAS TS1M7 and when I try to run on eof my old program the SAS session is shutting odwn.

libname tm "C:\Temp\Prj1\DMP.mdb";

Tried converting the .mdb to .accbd even then SAS session is shutting down.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
SASKiwi
PROC Star

At what step in your program is it shutting down? If you don't know, then run each step separately to find it, then post the code step that is causing the problem.

Stalk
Pyrite | Level 9
This is my first statement in the program.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

So it is the LIBNAME statement that is causing the session to close?

Stalk
Pyrite | Level 9
Yes, it is.
Is there any other way to read Access database?
I used point and click to manually import the two tables I need , but it's asking for username and password. This database doesn't need any of those.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I would install SAS again because that should not happen. If that doesn't fix the problem then I suggest you open a Tech Support track.

EDIT: Is your SAS install 64-bit or 32-bit and how does that compare with your MS Office? The bitness must match for your LIBNAME to work.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

64-bit SAS but MS Office bitness? 

ballardw
Super User

@Stalk wrote:
Yes, it is.
Is there any other way to read Access database?
I used point and click to manually import the two tables I need , but it's asking for username and password. This database doesn't need any of those.

Sounds like someone may have modified the database. Check with whoever controls the database to see if they changed permissions or such.

If the location of the data base is on some shared location you may need to check with your IT staff to see if they implemented new security protocols.

Surprised that a libname problem would crash a SAS session though.

Stalk
Pyrite | Level 9

I have access to network. Also I made a copy of the Access database and saved in my c drive. Still having the same problem. When I used the import wizard to read from my c drive, here is what I got..

Stalk_0-1680613149436.png

Stalk_1-1680613171160.png

Will open a ticket with SAS.

Thank you all

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation