BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sms1891
Quartz | Level 8

Hi SAS experts,

I have a data set with  N= 2196 observations, a scoring variable (PIPE_Score values from 1 to 13) and an outcome variable (Outcome, values 0 for No and 1 for Yes). I need help with calculating the sensitivity and specificity for predicting the outcome based on the PIPE_Score values and some kind of internal validation (cross-validation or bootstrapping) to check sensitivity and specificity for predicting the outcome based on the PIPE_Score values using the validation cohort. How can I achieve this? Any help with this is much appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!

SM

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

If you generated that data set with one of the modeling procedures you should include the code from the modeling procedure.

Then someone more familiar with the procedures can suggest specific options, especially if they may be needed in the model procedure code, to help.

sms1891
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for the response. I have an excel sheet with the original data. Please see the attached. I do not have any sas code for the question posted because I am not sure how to get it done. 

PROC IMPORT OUT= WORK.Derv
            DATAFILE= "\\Desktp\Derv.xlsx" 
            DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE;
     RANGE="Sheet1$"; 
     GETNAMES=YES;
     MIXED=NO;
     SCANTEXT=YES;
     USEDATE=YES;
     SCANTIME=YES;
RUN;
ballardw
Super User

When i look at that XLSX I see pictures, nothing that could be "imported".

Is that a "validation" set? Usually validation comes with a training set. Do you have such?

So you are actually asking for help creating the predication and then validating? What kind of rules do you have for the prediction?

sms1891
Quartz | Level 8

The excel sheet had ID variable, Outcome variable and scoring variable PIPE_Score. I want to get sensitivity and specificity calculation for Outcome prediction for PIPE_Score cutoffs of  7, 12 and 15. I also want to generate a bootstrapped cohort and calculate the sensitivity and specificity for Outcome prediction for the same PIPE_Score cutoffs of  7, 12 and 15. I have attached the excel sheet again. Thank you for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation