BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Furkanisik
Calcite | Level 5

We use SAS Viya. I need to convert  variables that are double type and datetime format. To give an example  29JAN2017:00:00:00.000000. I want to convert this just 29JAN2017 in order to make comparison between dates. I tried different types of conversion such as string and after that date but i got errors. If i can convert it to string i will sue substr function or trim. But as i said i could not do anything. Can you help me?
Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you have numeric variable with DATETIME values (number of seconds) you can convert them to DATE values (number of days) by using the DATEPART() function.  But you probably need to do that BEFORE you load the dataset into VIYA.

Furkanisik
Calcite | Level 5

We use SAS Viya. I need to convert  variables that are double type and datetime format. To give an example  29JAN2017:00:00:00.000000. I want to convert this just 29JAN2017 in order to make comparison between dates. I tried different types of conversion such as string and after that date but i got errors. If i can convert it to string i will sue substr function or trim. But as i said i could not do anything. Can you help me?
Thanks a lot!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation