BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
stew90210
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I have spent a good couple of days on google trying to work this one out, to no avail, so your insight is greatly appreciated.

I am currently the business SME for an on prem SAS9.4 to cloud based VIYA migration and am trying to make sure we get the most out of the new platform. I was excited to learn about snippets for the 50+ users I represent I thought it would be a great idea to have a common snippet library where tasks that relate specifically to our data could be placed... 

as far as I can tell the concept of common snippet libraries is now obsolete:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/webeditorcdc/v_027/webeditorag/n1qixwnypmqnwnn14ok1t4hgvxjd.htm

but I cannot find a reason why or a suitable alternative.

does anyone know if they are still possible and if so how you set up and use them?

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
Link to repositories, ie Github/Gitlab
stewart_Jardine
Obsidian | Level 7
Yea I did think about that but it seems like a git repository might be a bit annoying to negotiate through for one or two lines of code, with snippets you can just shortcuts and descriptions
Reeza
Super User

I was thinking along the lines of the Github gists? Or Gitlab snippets itself?

That's what I use to store my random SAS code tidbits.
https://gist.github.com/statgeek

stewart_Jardine
Obsidian | Level 7
That's very interesting! Will take a closer look tomorrow, but could absolutely be what I'm looking for!
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I don't play with VIYA yet, but from that page you linked it looks like there was a way to convert TASKS in to "CUSTOM STEPS".

Perhaps you could convert your snippets into STEPS also?

stewart_Jardine
Obsidian | Level 7
I think custom steps tend to be slightly more complex things and I also don't know that custom steps can be shared in common repositories either

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation