BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Every time SAS is down in my company, for whatsoever reason that might be, I get nervous and then I realize that there's a certain addiction pattern which is surfaced. I should get myself an University edition to have an alternative for these hard times.
Just kidding (a little bit). What I wanted to say actually is that I love SAS.
Have a nice weekend community!
8 REPLIES 8
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

I was too. However,  that withered away. Now, I'm doing C++

Ksharp
Super User
Hi nov ,
Why are you still here ?
What do you do by C++ , develop a Game ?
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Hey Xia @Ksharp  , Thank you for taking a moment of your time in saying Hi. Very kind of you. I hope all's well with you. At  Bank, where I am at are increasingly focused in utilizing C++ for wealth management portfolio. Though, we are largely a northeastern US retail bank, much of the focus and investment has been towards wealth portfolios, consequently salaries are significantly higher. I am gravitating to move there.  Basically, C++ generic algorithms rules financial analysis/computations. 

W.R.T  retail(consumer banking) portfolios, SAS is still there, though that could change to Python with software as a service on AWS. It's easy here and nothing challenging for me, and most certainly for role model geniuses like you, I'd say rather boring. I am betting my next steps in my career by broadening my horizon. Time will tell of course, however for now I am staying put.

Stay safe & Kind Regards

PS Taking this opportunity to say hello to @ballardw  @PaigeMiller  @Reeza  and @FreelanceReinh . Will connect with you folks offline with my career update/other interests :). Cheers!

Ksharp
Super User
Hi nov,
I know C++ is not easy to learn . and know C++ is very fast than SAS ,but speed of development of C++ is very slow .
Why not find a SAS programmer job at U.S like @Tom @Data__null_ did?,since SAS is deeply rooted in Pharmacy Field and FDA only authorize SAS as data analysis language .
I think it very easy to find a SAS programmer job and get decent(much high) salary as your sas skill ?
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@acordes wrote:
Every time SAS is down in my company, for whatsoever reason that might be, I get nervous and then I realize that there's a certain addiction pattern which is surfaced. I should get myself an University edition to have an alternative for these hard times.

I will throw in a SAS joke ... which is probably 30 years old and doesn't really apply any more in the age of electronic documentation

Q: How many SAS programmers does it take to screw in a light bulb? 

A: Three! One to actually screw in the light bulb, and two to make sure that the huge stack of manuals he is standing on doesn't topple over. 

Thanks! I'll be here all week!

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

Since my SAS install is a stand-alone single machine down time is practically nil. However I spend time on this board when I don't have actual SAS related work to perform ...

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
To browse this community is one of my favourite hobbies.
There's so much to learn from you guys
SASKiwi
PROC Star

My SAS addiction started back in the early 1980s with SAS 79.6 on an IBM mainframe. Despite my best efforts I still haven't shaken it off. The up-side is my entire career since then has involved SAS in one form or another. It's been a hell of a ride...and I'm not planning on stopping it for a while yet.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 6 in conversation