BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AzmirAhmmhed
Calcite | Level 5

I'm wondering if someone could help me with a SAS Visual Analytics problem I have. I have a fairly straightforward production report in VA where ~25 people produce digital widgets and it tells their managers how many each one produced. I would like to also share each individual's numbers with that individual specifically, both for their tracking and so that they can double check accuracy. However, they shouldn't be allowed to see their peers numbers.

Is there a VA solution for this? Can VA restrict a user's access to just information about themselves, or perhaps filter on that individual before emailing a static PDF? (I know that could be accomplished by creating a separate report for each individual, but time commitment to maintenance on that seems unpalatable.) Is there some other solution I'm not thinking of?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Can't VA use the automatic variable &sysuserid?

A where clause would subset using this variable, which changes for each user.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation