BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aidas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

SAS Studio outputs a redundant line at the beginning and at the end of the log:

OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

For example, I submit only one line of code:

proc setinit; run;

But in addition to this line and the output of setinit I get this redundant options line at the beginning and at the end of the log. How can I get rid of this options line?

I have attached the full example log.

Many thanks

Aidas

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The two option statements are issued by SAS Studio to prevent cluttering of the log with the "prepare" and "cleanup" code that Studio automatically sends. The statements themselves appear in the log, but nothing further will be sent to the log until a countermanding options statement is issued (which itself remains "hidden").

Look closely at the line numbers, and you can see how much code is not appearing in your log, making it easier to read.

You cannot prevent these two statements from appearing in your log.

Quentin
Super User

EG has an option the allows you to control whether or not the wrapper code is "hidden" in the log (by a macro call that does similar turning off of notes etc). 

Is there a similar option in Studio which would allow you see the "prepare" and "cleanup" code in the log?

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation