BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
harshpatel
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I am writing Proc report to make a Stored Process, but when the records exceeds over 10,000 then my excel worksheet is not opening though excel limit is 10lacs.

Does anyone has a solution?

Regards,

Harsh Patel.

5 REPLIES 5
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
How can proc report make a stored process?
harshpatel
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

What i am doing is that firstly i am fetching from teradata post to this i am doing some calculations in proc sql and then i am writing ods excel to generate report in .xlsx format.

tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Okay, but how does proc report make a stored process?
harshpatel
Quartz | Level 8

I feel there is an issue with the way we are using PROC REPORT in our Stored Process. What is happening is that we are getting a lot of columns from teradata. Post that we are using PROC REPORT to create final report which is outputted to an excel sheet(.xls file)

In our PROC REPORT, not only are we applying a format to multiple columns, we are additionally, using compute to calculate values for multiple columns(percentage of total,division etc), This is creating a massive object which takes a lot of time to process(we tried running same code in SAS EG and it is taking a lot of time there as well).

Are there some limitation in PROC REPORT vis-a-vis the amount of data we can process in one go?

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19
Please post code and log so that we see what happens and useful improvements can be suggested. From my experience with ods excel: it performs really bad (heavy memory usage) when you write many columns to many sheets. So first thing I'd try: replace excel with html5, disable automatic report generation for the program in EG and see whether the calculations in proc report cause the high processing time or writing the output file.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation