BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Anuz
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, 

I get an error quite intermittently. 

My code is pretty straight forward with simple libname and proc sql statements  something like below:

libname IMP1 impala dsn="XXXXXXX"  schema=XXXX;
libname IMP2 impala dsn="XXXXXXX"  schema=XXYY;

proc sql;
create table TBZDY as
select a.*,b.* from IMP1.xyz a left join IMP2.zxy b

on a.id=b.id;

This works most days but some odd days, I get the below error 

ERROR: CLI open cursor error: [Cloudera][ImpalaODBC] (110) Error while executing a query in Impala: [HY000] : Runtime Error: Query
ef46070c48782ed0:c7afbf8700000000: 81% Complete (74 out of 91)

quit;

Has anyone encountered a similar error and know why this happens and what can be done to fix it. 

7 REPLIES 7
AMSAS
SAS Super FREQ

I recommend you open a TS track for this question.

Please include the following:
- SAS Version you are running (the following code will report SAS version information)
%put &sysvlong ;
%put &sysscpl ;
%put &syssite ;
- Registry Report (*.txt files) for each server, please clearly name the report files to reflect the server it was executed on.

From other tracks,  the issue appears to be on the Impala side and there are a couple of recommendations:

1. run the query from Hue to see if it runs successfully. 
  2. Simplify the query (e.g can you access both those tables independently? can you access any other tables)
  3. Have you run this query before successfully? If so then what has changed recently?

Anuz
Quartz | Level 8

@AMSAS 

9.04.01M3P062415
Linux

I can access these tables separately. 

I can run the query via HUE no issues

I run this query almost every day. It runs fine. Nothing has changed recently. A rerun of the query twice or thrice and it works. 

Its only the odd day it just fails. 

AMSAS
SAS Super FREQ

@Anuz Please open a TS track

Provide the information I requested already, and also indicate that it's an intermittent issue. 

Is there any kind of pattern to the failures, e.g. It always fails on a Monday or 5th of the month, or between 1-2pm

When you say "Its only the odd day it just fails." does it fail every time you run it on that day? Or can you rerun it and it then runs successfully on the same day?

Anuz
Quartz | Level 8

ok. shall raise a ticket. 

There is no pattern to the failures as you have asked.

Yes I can rerun the same day and it will run ok. 99% of the times by the third rerun its fine.  

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you try an SQL passthru version of this to see if it is more reliable.

Anuz
Quartz | Level 8

@SASKiwi The error occurs even if pass thru query is used. so that doesnt make any difference. Its just temperamental when it happens 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Anuz - Well it was worth a try. Hope you make progress with Tech Support.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation