BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@k4minou - I doubt very much that your SAS query problem has anything to do with server maintenance. If it was causing a problem it would be affecting a lot more programs than just this one.

Follow the process described by @Kurt_Bremser to locate the query join that is problematic.

k4minou
Obsidian | Level 7

that's precisely why I did not understand

but as mentioned, my admins really lazy...

Pb fixed now thx 😃

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You need to keep in mind that Windows is a much more volatile platform than, say, AIX (which we use for our DWH).

I never experienced trouble like yours, even when running 8.2 , 9.1.3 and 9.2 in parallel on a AIX server with a current operating system level.

On Windows, application software needs to keep up with the frequent, quite deep-reaching changes in the system.

One of the reasons I consider Windows not suited as a server platform.

k4minou
Obsidian | Level 7

completely agreed with you about Windows server.

I still do not understand why they did choose this; except maybe it's "easier" for really lazy admins...

It's the first time, since 20 years that I work on a project based on Windows server too

Hope that's also the last one...

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Your first level of help should be your local SAS admin/chief developer, as they know details about the system, recent changes etc.

If that does not help to solve your issue, post the log here; if it's only one step, copy/paste the log into a window opened with this button:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-07 um 08.32.59.jpg

If it is from a lengthy program, save the log as a text file (.txt extension) and attach it to your next post. Maybe one of us has enough time at hand to take a deeper look.

k4minou
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, that's precisely my aim currently ; I am waiting for the SAS admin to analyse the problem server side

k4minou
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you everyone for the time spent

I asked my IT to download the powershell script from https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/maintenance/hot-fixes/hot-fix-analysis-download-deploym...

And also the result of the analysis : it seems that the SAS server is not maintened since 2015... And during this time, Windows server keeps getting new hotfix.

Some of the hotfix from SAS report shows that several kernel hotfix are need.

Problem solved now.

Maybe this solution could help if some of you have lazy admins...

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation