BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kz134
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I work with SAS EG 7.1. I accidentally copied a very large table that was the output of my code. I meant to copy one row but I mis-clicked and copied the whole thing. Now it is frozen. Is there any way to cancel the copying process? I have seen SAS closing itself after being frozen for a while. I really don't want to lose my unsaved work. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Are you on a server or local?

If local, your work folder will be preserved for a while, on a server they may have automated routines to clean it up daily. 

@kz134 wrote:

Hello,

I work with SAS EG 7.1. I accidentally copied a very large table that was the output of my code. I meant to copy one row but I mis-clicked and copied the whole thing. Now it is frozen. Is there any way to cancel the copying process? I have seen SAS closing itself after being frozen for a while. I really don't want to lose my unsaved work. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

kz134
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks. I am local. What I am worried is that SAS will suddenly give a message saying it is stopped working. Then it closes itself and I will lose everything in work folder and unsaved codes.
Reeza
Super User

Yeah. You can recover the work folder and if you have Auto Save set up you can access the saved files as well. 

Not sure if they're the same as SAS PC, but I'll see what I can find for you here.

Autosaved files:

http://support.sas.com/kb/12/392.html

For work folder, open a new session, right click the work folder and find the path there. Go to it and then go up a level. Any sessions that terminated abruptly - like this - will be there and you can get the data from your work folder if needed. 

Not ideal by any means. I did find a work around once, it had to do with the Windows option and how it shows files with animations or something like that. I turned off a bunch and it worked...but haven't been able to find a reliable workaround since TBH 😞

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation