BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AMUMOR_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

We have recently upgraded our SAS from 9.4M5 to 9.4M7.

I have for a few years now created Stored Processes, and some of them creates PDF output. After upgrading I have got problem with encoding, such as Æ, Ø and Å (Norwegian characters). This was not a problem with 9.4M5.

So my question is: How do I solve this?

I have enclosed the PDF-file which has errors and the Stored Process Code.

Regards

Morten Fredrik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AMUMOR_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Then this is solved.

I had to include these statements in the StP code:

Data _Null_;

File _Webout encoding = "utf-8";

Run;

Regards Morten Fredrik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @AMUMOR_SAS 

You will have to check with SAS Admin team if the encoding was changed in SASv9.cfg file in the old platform. During upgrade some settings are overridden and updated to default and have to be reverted back.

If for any reason they want the default SAS Session encoding to be default then there are different options that you can choose to override it at your individual session level. You can use the encoding= system option to override the default session value.

Some reference links below:

https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=nlsref&docsetTarget=n08gw...

https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=nlsref&docsetTarget=n0utx...

AMUMOR_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Anand_V,
Thank you for your answer. We will check the SASv9.cfg file for the old platform.

Ragards Morten Fredrik (AMUMOR_SAS)
AMUMOR_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Then this is solved.

I had to include these statements in the StP code:

Data _Null_;

File _Webout encoding = "utf-8";

Run;

Regards Morten Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation