BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ramakrishna2
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

This error has been haunting users and administrators - cannot seem to find any valid solution to this.  Have logged a ticket with SAS tech but no use.  Please Help!

OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

SAS Version: 9.4 x64

Overview:

- SAS 9.4 is deployed via SCCM

- Installation is successful accroding to the logs

- When SAS 9.4 x64 is executed by the user the error message comes up "OLE: Object's class in not registered in the registration database"

- Have tried to register the enhanced editor ocx file and failed

- cannot find how to reinstall 9.4 enhanced editor

Much appreciated!

Regards,

Krishna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
My suggestion is to insist with SAS tech support and provide them all the information they request. Especially if it happens only on your system it is a difficult case since the root cause probably has to with a configuration of your system. Have you tried to uninstall SAS with the deployment manager and reinstall manually? I suppose that was one of the suggestions offered by SAS tech support. It seems harsh but is often quicker than trying to analyze the root cause and solving a small configuration issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Does the same problem happen on all automated SCCM SAS 9.4 installs or not? If it happens on all installs, try a manual install of SAS 9.4. Do you get the same problem?

"Have logged a ticket with SAS tech but no use". What does this mean? Did you get any suggestions or recommendations from them?

Ramakrishna2
Calcite | Level 5
Only my system get this type of error.
I got some comments from SAS tech.
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
My suggestion is to insist with SAS tech support and provide them all the information they request. Especially if it happens only on your system it is a difficult case since the root cause probably has to with a configuration of your system. Have you tried to uninstall SAS with the deployment manager and reinstall manually? I suppose that was one of the suggestions offered by SAS tech support. It seems harsh but is often quicker than trying to analyze the root cause and solving a small configuration issue.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation