BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
claudiodejesusa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I want to know if there is a way to limit how many scheduled process a user can have. In my company, there are users that want to schedule 2 o 3 process and i want to manage that they only can schedule this 2 or 3 process. That is because i understand more schedule process without any management could finish with a performance problem or unavailability on the platform.

Perhaps, there is an environment parameter on SAS 9.4 about this Schedule Manager and how to limit process scheduled, RAM usage, others..

Thanks,

Claudio

Claudio
2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What scheduler are you choosing in Schedule Manager? If it is Platform Process Manager / LSF then that has its own limit settings.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The Schedule Manager only deals with...scheduling.

If you want to control resource management from SAS you need to use/implement SAs Grid Manager (which under the hood uses Platform LSF more extesivley than just using the scheduling capabilities).

Data never sleeps

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation